-  Heflin, C., & Sun, X. (2022). “Food Insecurity and the Opioid Crisis.” The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science. (Forthcoming)
-  Andreyeva, T., Sun, X., Cannon, M., & Kenney, E. (2021). “The Child and Adult Care Food Program: Barriers to Participation and Costs of Underutilization.” Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 54(4), 327-334.
-  Andreyeva, T., Sun, X. (2021) “Universal School Meals in the US: What Can We Learn from the Community Eligibility Provision?” Nutrients, 13, 2634.
-  Andreyeva, T., Sun, X., Cannon, M., & Kenney, E.L. (2021). “Implementation of Minimum Nutrition Standards and Best Practices in Childcare Centers.” Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 121(12), 2454-2463.
-  Sun, X., & Andreyeva, T. (2020). “Kindergarten Entry Age and Household Food Insecurity.” Journal of Health Behavior and Policy Review, 7(5), 416-431.
2 April 18, 2022 Sun
-  Andreyeva, T., Kenney, E. L., O’Connell, M., Sun, X., & Henderson, K. E. (2018). “Predictors of Nutrition Quality in Early Child Education Settings in Connecticut.” Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 50(5), 458-467.
-  Andreyeva, T., Pipito, A., Sun, X., Henderson, KE., Powell, LM. (2018). “Price impacts on dietary and health outcomes: a scoping review.” Final report to the World Health Organization.
Papers Under Review or In Preparation
-  Sun, X. “The Impact of Anti-Bullying Laws on School Safety and Children’s Behavioral Skills.”
-  Sun, X., & Andreyeva, T. “The Impact of Universal Free Meals on School Bullying: A National Quasi-Experimental Evaluation.”
-  Sun, X. “Obesity and Academic Performance among U.S. Children: Do Bullying Explain the
-  Rothbart, M., Helflin, C., Sun, X., Morrissey T. “Low Income Children’s Participation Across Public Programs: PreK, Child Care Subsidies, and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.”
-  Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Healthy Eating Research. Studying the Community Eligibility Provision’s Broad Impact-on Child Nutrition, Health, Academics, School Attendance, and Family Food Security. 03/01/2019—08/31/2020. Principal Investigator: Tatiana Andreyeva. $150,700. Role: Research Assistant.
-  World Health Organization. Fiscal and Pricing Policies on Foods and Non-alcoholic Beverages. 04/25/2019-11/25/2019. Principal Investigator: Tatiana Andreyeva. $61,100. Role: Research Assistant.
-  Child Health and Development Institute of Connecticut (CHDI). Barriers to Participation in the Child and Adult Care Food Program in Connecticut: Opportunities for Expansion. 10/01/17-09/30/19. Principal Investigator: Tatiana Andreyeva. $64,998. Role: Research Assistant.
-  USDA, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), Storrs Agricultural Experiment Station. Preference Formation and Purchasing Behavior among WIC Participating Households. 10/01/2015-09/30/2019. Principal Investigator: Tatiana Andreyeva. $60,000. Role: Research Assistant.
-  World Health Organization. Price Impacts on Dietary and Health Outcomes: A Scoping Review. 04/05/18-06/04/18. Principal Investigator: Tatiana Andreyeva. $21,873. Role: Research Assistant.
Conference and Seminar Presentations
- 2022 Population Association of America Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA (forthcoming).
- 2022 Syracuse University Demography and Social Policy Lab, Syracuse, NY.
- 2022 Authors Conference: The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, online.
- 2021 Syracuse University Education and Social Policy Wosrking Group, online.
- 2021 University of Connecticut Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity Seminar, online.
- 2019 Second Meeting of the World Health Organization (WHO) Nutrition Guidance Expert Advisory Group (NUGAG) Subgroup on Policy Actions, Qingdao, China.
- 2019 Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- 2019 University of Connecticut Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity Seminar, Hartford, CT.
- 2018 University of Connecticut Graduate Research Forum Poster Session, Storrs, CT.